Students are encouraged to enjoy to the full the innumerable sights, events and activities which Amboise offers its visitors.
- The charming town of Amboise, with its Châteausitting high above the River Loire, is a great place to base your Loire region visit and spend a few days.
- The main draw is the Château d'Amboise, home of Kings Charles VIII, Louis XII, and François I (and other French royalty), and right in the center of town.
- The Royal Château of Amboise welcomes you every day of the year (except on 1st January and on 25th December). This emblematic monument and its landscaped gardens offer one of the most remarkable panoramas of the Loire valley, and are registered as a World Heritage site by Unesco.
- Amboise also boasts a lovely pedestrian street, the Rue Nationale, which passes under the 15th century Clock Tower. The street is lined with small shops and patisseries, with many temptations.
- On Fridays and Sundays, stroll down to the parking lot by the river, just across from the Tourist Office, and enjoy the wonderful Amboise Market. You'll find everything from cheese to sausages to flowers to clothes to kitchen tools—even beds! Prepared food stalls provide delicious lunches, dinners, or picnic supplies.